Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Introduction

Hello and welcome,

This is the first post for this blog which has been created for two diehard sports fans to accomplish two things:

1. Vent about the frustrations that are associated with being fans of their favorite teams
2. Discuss, debate, and even make predictions about sports because we both feel that the people being put on TV nowadays have no idea what they are talking about.

We will not be afraid to make bold predictions and you will see that our predictions are not often mainstream or trendy picks. We will also give rationale supported by our own logic. You will find us knowledgable about all sports except for hockey which will be the last mention of that sport that you will ever find in this blog. We also will not talk very much about New York or Boston teams, if you need more coverage on any of these teams turn on ESPN or go to espn.com.

Why then are we calling this site Tortured Sports Fans? Well, you will find out as time passes, but I will briefly state that I grew up mainly in Cleveland, Ohio. I claim the Indians, Browns, Cavaliers, missouri tigers, and Boston College Eagles as my favorite teams. my fellow writer, Dawson, is a diehard fan of teams from Philadelphia. If you know even a little about sports, you know then that these two cities are world-renowned losers and the very best at breaking the hearts of their fans. I will let Dawson talk a little bit more about himself and his teams in his introductory post.

I apologize for the serious nature of this first post. Some of my articles will be funny, I just find that it will come naturally and decided not to force the issue in this first introductory post. The number of posts will also be less frequent than in the future as my current crap computer is on its last legs. Once I am on the new cpu, the posts will be more frequent and frankly more interesting. But be sure to check back later this week for Dawson's first post as well as our second round NFL playoffs picks. I hope you give us a chance as I think you will enjoy our discussions if you are a sports fan.

-Bob